Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pictures & Memories


 Cameras are exciting and from Sydney. I know those two descriptors even make me nervous after the let downs Van She and friends became. But fear not, we've grown apart from the world of Modular. "I Know" is a broody teenager who refuses to make up their mind about what they want to be.

Driven by the darkened echo of a piano, it reminds me of my Grandma's piano which sounded like the only remotely kid-friendly thing to amuse myself with in a house that was never home to toys, just old tallboys filled with pictures and memories no one care much for anymore.



I know nothing else of Cameras than this one song and with the way it draws you in, you like me are compelled to find out more.

Do so on these dates at these venues...

Sydney: Sat 6th Aug @ FBI Social, Kings Cross Hotel
Sydney: Wed 24th Aug @ Beach Road Hotel, Bondi (w/ Owl Eyes)
Central Coast: Wed 7th Sept @ The Entrance Leagues Club (w/ Sparkadia)
Melbourne: Sat 17th Sept @ The Evelyn

They have a full-length which is due out later this year.

No comments: