Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Take a chance & dance electro


When I saw Justice play at the Big Day Out, I knew I was seeing an act of immense originality and quality. In my opinion, Justice producing a track like "D.A.N.C.E" was a clear indication to me that they didn't feel the world was ready for a full scale onslaught of their more Waters of Nazareth tinged music.

Now on the flip side when I saw Diplo play, I knew just about every song he played but I'd never heard it like Diplo did it. In my opinion, Diplo got the kids dancing far more than Justice.

So what's my point?

Well sometimes if you're out at a club, with your best threads on and your favourite dancing shoes with Hoodie Crew in tow, you are not looking for a Dj to go out and reinvent the wheel every weekend. For me, sometimes you want to go to a club knowing they are going to drop all the dance floor stompers. The excitement I guess is that you don't quite know in what order.

Meaning absolutely no disrespect when I say John Glover is one of those Dj's I know will deliver all the songs I want and seems to only throw in the unknown tracks he knows are definitely going to make you dance. Much like the enormous array of internationally sought after Djs that Sydney has playing every week, John Glover is apart of those Djs we Sydney kids often take advantage of, not always appreciating what's in our own backyard.

What impresses me more than all of this is the effort John Glover puts into making mixes for the kids to dance to when they aren't able to get out to Sydney. He is very interactive with his fans and really more so treats them like contemporaries responding to requests for track listings for his mixes and all the rest. Really for someone as established as John Glover, he doesn't need to bother with answering his own myspace, but he does, I like that.

Mp3: John Glover - Dirty Funken Beats Promo (June 2007)

Myspace: John Glover (Check his bulletins for many more mixes and individual tracks)



My thanks to the beautiful Tanya the Great for sending these my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

electro!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3

Anonymous said...

yzaab botmaster