Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Goodnight Technologist


The Main Drag are blissfully dashing. As I sit in the living room with big headphones to allude to the fact that I love music more than you do, The Main Drag gracefully waltz through my kitchen, lightly brushing past me whilst making enough noise that I know they are there, but not so much it wakes up my parents. They share my love for restrained emotion that oozes out the cracks and straight toward your heart.

Yours as fast as mine is a good for the soul and presents an album of what appears to be fragile beauty, deceivingly, this sound could outlast an earthquake. With a welcomed sprinkle of electronic but a real cohesion to their sound, nothing specifically stands out about The Main Drag, rather the packaged end product hits me sweeter than a sledgefeather.

If you're not one for the hyperbole, in Penrith-man's terms, Yours as fast as mine is an absolute cracker and The Main Drag have an arresting quality to them. Wait sorry, In Penrith-man's terms The Main Drag are a bunch of blokes who know what the fuck they are doing. They've shared the stage with many a whiteboy favourite including but not limited to Tigercity & Arcade Fire. I think much like Tigercity, The Main Drag's days of being a whiteboy secret are quite limited.

Mp3: The Main Drag - How We'd Look on Paper
Mp3: The Main Drag

***

In other news, anyone who is heading down to Tribal to check out Riot in Belgium, the Whiteboys will be out in force so we might see you there.

Pfft who am I kidding, you might see US there (we like to pretend we are not has beens).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As I sit in the living room with big headphones to allude to the fact that I love music more than you do,"

This made me LOL.