Friday, July 31, 2009

Head Banging

Recently I've hit my head alot. I've given myself concussions, lumps, and now I happen to have taken a nice chunk of skin off the top of my head. Thankfully no medical assistance was required and I can write this post without the aid of chopsticks or something.

Anyway to celebrate my most recent head injury as well as the fact that I'm in a dastardly mood right now I thought I'd post some metal up here for you to all enjoy, given that I know WBDF is at the forefront of the global Metal scene..... or not.

Psychroptic are a band you have to feel sorry for, not for any other reason than the fact that they hail from Tasmania. Drummer Dave Haley is one of the most phenomenal metal drummers in the country. The clip is for the first single from the new album Ob(servant) - take it from about the 1:20 mark if you get bored.


Who else makes me bang my head? Canadians Protest the Hero were brought my attention by a friend and while they grated a little bit at first I've started to realise that maybe this is how a band like Karnivool could sound if they grew some balls. Now thats not fair but yeah. Its like Coke and Diet Coke I guess. Awesome musicianship though regardless.

And finally I'll leave you with the obscure madness that is Mike Patton and Fantomas - I know they say size doesnt matter but when you've got a kit that looks like that I'm sure you get more sex.

Good luck headbanging to it
Have a good weekend.

No comments: