Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Koop Koop



The light is failing and the day disappearing. The light from the street lamp reflecting off the cobblestone path begins to defeat the sun as the stars come out to dance. Fairy lights arch the path as lovers dine in the moonlight. I hear a swinging beat, played with a feather touch. A trumpet, trombone or even both wrap themselves around each other in a mournful yet blissful song. They are calling me to dance. But not in the way I am used to. I want to take someone by the hand, and twirl them around in the twilight to this song I am hearing. I peek around the corner and I see the band playing down an alleyway. A lady is caressing the microphone, her voice silky and deep. The nucleus of the band are two odd looking Swedish gentlemen, both wearing dresses. Too much liquor maybe? No its true, apparently I'm on a crazy place called Koop Island, and I never want to leave.

MP3: Koop - I See A Different You
MYSPACE: Koop ('Koop Island Blues' you must hear)



Remember how good Love Songs of the Hanging Gardens was when it was released in 05? Well its composer Kelley Polar has returned, and here is the video for the first single off his forthcoming 12". Fun fact: he was once expelled from the Julliard School of Music.



Kelley Polar - Chrysanthemum

3 comments:

Pix said...

THIS SHIT IS FUCKIN DOPE

KOOP > 2007 SO FAR

Anonymous said...

Felt like i was floating down a river in Paris (Seine). Paris isn't that far away from Sweden, a lot closer then Australia is anyway. Sweedish girls are hot and have hot accents that is all.

Anonymous said...

"Koop Islands" was OK. To really fall in love, check out "Waltz for Koop," if you haven't already...